Materials and Materials engineering
We have a public liability and property damage expertise in every material used in the construction industry, in manufactured goods production and in the industry as a whole. We are able to analyze the materials every step of the way, from their design to their implementation and utilization.
We first proceed to a thorough review of the damage and its extent. Then, we determine the technical cause(s) of the damage, assess financial issues and analyze the liabilities incurred. Nous analysons les origines des sinistres, et nous vous aidons à prévenir les risques en préconisant des mesures adaptées. Several different fields of expertise are needed to identify accident-related pathologies : metallurgy, plastics engineering, alloys, corrosion, chemical physics and strength of materials.
We analyze the causes of the damages and suggest an appropriate plan of action to help our customers prevent future risks.
Main areas of expertise
- Metals and alloys : warping, deformation, plastic lamination, fatigue, mechanical break, defect, corrosion, excessive vibration of metal elements ;
- Concrete and reinforced concrete : defect, corrosion, bacterial degradation, efflorescence, pyrite aggregate effect ;
- Floor and wall covering damage (to parkings, stadiums, tennis courts…), wear (sandstone-ceramic floor tile, vinyl or rubber sheet, steel or stainless steel sheet…), concrete cladding degradation, waterproofing membrane blisters ;
- Plastics and composite materials : various defects on parts intended for the industry, pipes and tanks (above ground, underground, underwater) breaks, film aging/ photodegradation, cladding, plastic products, mastic seal warping ;
- Textile, leather, glass, biomaterials : textile coating, leather treatment, various glass breaks, glazing defect, optical fiber transmission loss; implant break.
CPA Experts’ engineers know-how is diversified and extensive. They are able to intervene in many sectors : construction, industry, food-processing industry, environment. Their detailed scientific knowledge and hands-on field expertise are combined in a cross-disciplinary effort to resolve our customers’ issues.
To provide our customers with any information relevant to solving their claim, CPA experts analyze the composition and implementation of raw materials, as well as the manufacturing of products and its utilization compliance.